Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The seasons are changing

The summer was great, we all had a nice time with everything that we did. It was great to see the kids discover all the newness in their world. They are growing so fast, to fast. We had a bit of a surprise in August, Jess came down with pneumonia. It started out as a head cold for the rest of us, but for her it went straight to her lungs. After hearing for so long that this is why we need to keep her isolated during cold and flu season, to avoid lung damage through illness, then to have something like pneumonia hit.... it was scary. But she showed her strength once again and got through it.
She is getting around like crazy now, all she wants to do is follow her brother everywhere he goes. Most of the time he doesn't mind, but then there are times when he wants his space and it's a riot to hear the things he says to her. She doesn't care though, she keeps on and just laughs. Her therapy is coming along fine, she is doing new things all the time. But it is in HER time! She isn't going to let anyone else get credit for her hard work. It would be nice though if everyone else caught up to her and learned that she is the teacher.
With the change of season upon us, I am starting to think more about her next appointment. I'm trying not to think about it, but its hard. We have talked to a few other parents out there that have heart kids like Jess and they just happen to be going through their surgeries right now. Doctors like to do them in the fall and spring if possible to avoid the flu season. I keep checking on them and praying for them, the strength these kids have in them is absolutely amazing! When I look at them though, I see Jess, so little and helpless going through something so big and scary. One of these days that will be her and time just keeps on getting closer and closer to that day. Please pray for all these kids and their families ....every little bit helps and I know God listens.

No comments: